Field trip!

10/05/12

Yesterday Nuria came to the college to have a look at what I'm doing. She was suprised that all the kids were just walking around and I told her that this is normal, it's organized! When she left she told me that she would come on sunday to the school to teach and also next week. It's was a calm day at school and finally I had some sleep and watch the football game. In the morning I had a chat with Remsey, Ra'da's husband and he told me the importance of the Golan Heights for Israel. They get al there water supplies from there and the fruit like apples also come from there. He said that he never tasted any better apples than the ones from the Golan Heights. Israel occupates the Golan Heights from Syria.

At school we went on a field trip to a forest nearby Ein Mahel. The children were very excited and when we arrived they took a break and were constantly giving us food like chips our candy. We couldn't refuse because they were very persisting. The hospitatliy begins from childhood here! The goal of the field trip was to built a pad through the bushes, the hard workers were cutting down the bushes and others made a human chain to pass on rocks to guid the pad. The trip was good for there English because they had to speak English to us. After finishing the pad we ate taboulé and had a refreshing drink.

Back at the school we prepared to leave for Nazareth. Some of the Americans didn't see Nazareth yet and a friend of Rayeed invited us to his backery to eat pizza. Arriving there the traditional pizza's kept on coming in and we even got a doggy bag with the leftovers. We made a tour to see the Basilique, The Old Bazar and the White Mosque. I told them a little about the mosque and hereafter we visitid a spicery. The shop was filled with spices and herbes. The smell was overwelming. The shop was called 'Elbabour' and has a great tradition, people come from far to get there spices her. We took a refreshing lemon drink at a bar and Rayeed told me that maybe I could come for the two-day trip to Elat and the Dead Sea. He called the driver of the mini-van to ask iff it was possible but it wasn't. I understood it because I was the last man on board and it wasn't planned that I was coming. When they are going next week to the Golan Heights I can go with them, so no hard feelings! Tonight another wedding is coming up, i'm looking forward to see if it will be the same!

Tomorrow it's a holiday, so no school and finally catching up some sleep!

Greetings
Jens

No comments: