Tiberias

On tuesday I went for the second time to school, Tawfeek went to the lesson and I decided to stay at the playground and work on my presentation but another student asked if I would like to follow a ICT-lesson. In the lesson I noticed that the teacher just gives exercices and doesn`t help the students when they have a question. Hereafter we sat on the playground and on the otherside some girls were staring and they wanted me to come over. We talked about Belgium and they were suprised when I told them I don`t have a girlfriend. In the afternoon I followed the democracy lesson and they were analysing cartoons. the doctor asked for my opinion and the students were suprised I answerred without hesitation. In the evening we played a cardgame that is like `manillen` in Belgium. Today we slept out to have a good rest for the whole day and had big breakfast. The family of Tawfeek is very kind and I actually hope to stay with them for the rest of my intership because I`m just really starting to know Tawfeek, his family and friends.
Tawfeek and Mohammed picked up Nuria at Ilut and together with Firas we rode to Tiberias. Tiberias is a city on the lake of Tiberias or Sea of Galilea. It is 200 meters below sealevel and so it was really hot there. We searched for a place to have a drink and eat something it was hard because you have to pay if you want to sit on the lakeside. Eventually we found a spot and had a nice afternoon. Tonight we will probably go out to pool or visit the mall. Tomorrow I will visit the old high school of Tawfeek and teach some English to the students.

Greetings Jens

No comments: