Everything happens for a reason!

Hurray to me! I didn't forget the chocolates when I went to see the principal of the elementary school at Ein Mahel and he was suprised that  I brought them because he was joking. Monday went by like a speedtrain, a teacher took me to his class en just said 'Teach'. So without any preparation I just started telling about myself and Belgium and the pupils asked some questions and in the end we played a game. The people at the school are very kind and friendly and the atmosphere is wonderfull. I was asked to go to the principal and he told me I would be staying with Ra'ada, she's a teacher a the school and I would also follow her lessons and teach. They just asked me iff I can work with Word, Powerpoint and Paint and iff I would like to teach it in English to the pupils. So I will be teaching till sunday but iff it depends on Rayeed (the principal) I will be staying till 24th May.

After a long day we left school and went to Tawfeek's house to pick up my bags. His mom was glad to see me again but also sad because I left. Arriving at my new home, I was overwelmed by the beautiful house. Her son Rashid was home and while Ra'ada was preparing a sandwich he told me he was leaving for Moldova to learn medicine because in Israel it's to expensive to study medicine. I was suprised to hear this but it's common in the village that they study abroad for a long period because it's cheaper. The sandwich was ready and meanwhile the youngest son discovered Belgium with Google Streetview, I showed him some pictures and he speaks really good English. Hereafter I took a nap at my room, they live on two floors. The groundfloor is where my room is and the playing room/TV room/kitchen. At 8 o'clock Rayeed the principal picked me for a dinner party at one of the parents of the parent committee together with the Americans. Rayeed told me in the afternoon to save some space in my stomache and he wasn't joking, the food kept on coming. At the coffee afterwards one of the Americans said a wisdom 'Everythin happens for a reason'. He told that it was for some reason that I landed at the school wright when they came at the school and we got connected.
I was stuffed when I came home but the eating didn't stop. The sister of Ra'ada was there together with her husband and we ate fruit, ice cream and pancakes that her daughter prepared. Her daughter speaks very good English and she would like to learn me some Arabic.

After a good sleep we left for school with the car. It's like only one kilometer so you could easily walk or do it by bike. But when I talked yesterday to Rashid he declared me crazy that I went to school by bike and that I rode my racebike at home for 70 kilometers. Here it's a habbit to do everything by car and iff you try to do your seatbelt on they say 'no no'. Arriving at school all the children were happy and they even asked for our autographs. This afternoon I will visit Nazareth and tomorrow Ra'ada's husband will take me to the West Bank. He's a teacher and also has a business in selling doors. I'm excited to cross the border with the West Bank!

Greetings
Jens

No comments: